LOVE TABERNACLE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
BOOK: The Ministry Gifts
Chapter 2: The Five-Fold Ministry Gifts
Means means "a forteller" or "a seer". Always translated in new testament as "prophet(s)".
TYPE OF WORK:
- Speaks for God, by direct, divine inspiration and revelation.
- Revelation may be received prior to speaking or at spur of moment.
- Sometimes received in visions or dreams.
- Preaching often is to reproof error and call to repentance.
- Preaching progresses in:
- establishing truth
- calling back to truth
- rebuking and appealing to come back to truth
- foretelling things to come (rewards or judgements).
COMBINATION OF GIFTINGS:
Most likely gifts active in this office:
- Speaks to edify, exhort, and comfort (1 Cor 14:3).
Five Fold: Prophet, and maybe others.
Charismatic: revelation gifts (word of wisdom, word of knowledge,
discerning of spirits),
Note: A person who prophesies is not
necessarily a prophet, but a prophet will move in the gift of
prophesy. Prophesy normally reveals the secrets of a person's
heart (1 Cor 14:24-25).
A word will come from God thru a prophet many times when someone has
been receiving something from God but is not yielding in his heart
(rebuke/call to repentance/second witness).
And there stood up one of them named Agabus, and signified by
the spirit that there should be great dearth throughout all the world:
which came to pass in the days of Claudius Caesar.
And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and
came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the
evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. And
the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy. And
as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain
prophet, named Agabus. And when he was come unto us, he took
Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith
the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth
this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.
Judge prophecy (or any other message). See introduction on judging (1 Cor 14:29).
Note: Some points of interest:
- We are not to be lead by personal prophecy, given to us by
others, but lead by the Holy Spirit. Prophets come usually to
confirm or reproof, but sometimes to reveal.
- God normally speaks to us first and has been dealy with us on an issue before prophesy thru another comes.
- Prophets should not always tell what they see and hear in
the spirit realm. They should ask God what they should do with
it. God may just want them to pray.
- We build on the Word of God, not on prophesies or other
signs and wonders. We do not follow signs; they follow
us. There are times when the anointing may not be manifesting for
the signs, but the Word always works. It never returns void.
- If a person tries to operate a gift, when the anointing is not being manifested, they open themselves up to evil spirits.