LOVE TABERNACLE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL
BOOK: The Person and Ministry of the Holy Spirit
Chapter 4.7: Gifts of Healing
4.7 Gifts of Healing
The "gifts of healing" is a supernatural endowment of power to deliver the physically oppressed from Satan (Acts 10:38), thereby destroying the works of the devil (1 John 3:8).
Note it is "gifts", not gift! That is, there are different gifts
or mixtures of healing power given. One minister may have a
special gift against different types of cancer (i.e., great success in
healing manifestations), but limited success against deaf\dumb.
Another minister could be the exact opposite. But all ministers
can pray for healing thru other channels of faith!
If a body, or part of a body, is still physically present and has some
life in it, then the gifts of healing could operate to restore
health. However if the part is completely dead, or missing (as a
missing arm),then working of miracles would be operate (creative
C. We must recognize:
1. All sickness and disease is a curse (Deut 28:58-61), a work of Satan (Acts 10:38, 1 John 3:8).
D. We can receive healing thru several channels or methods:
2. We are redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13), Jesus purchasing not only our holiness (sinlessness), but also our healing on the cross (Isa 53:4-5, Matt 8:16-17, 1 Pet 2:24), delivering us from the power of darkness (Col 1:13).
1. prayer (that is to receive directly from God) (maybe special faith)
2. laying on of hands (Mark 16:18-21, Jam 5:13-15)
(regular faith, prayer of agreement or intercession)
(*note laying on of hands could be used with gifts of healing, but is
not limited to this gift.)
3. gifts of healing (God's power endowed or placed in a man as a channel).
A. Maybe manifested by itself
B. Or with other gifts: revelation, power, or spoken.
A. Acts 10:38 Jesus healing all (that believed)
B. Luke 6:17-19
"Came to hear" and "to be healed" compared to Mark 6:1-6 (Jesus went)
C. Luke 8:44-48 Endowed power flowed out by faith
D. Luke 9:1-6
Disciples receive power and authority over demons and sicknesses.
E. Acts 28:8-10 Paul heals on island of Melita